Thursday, March 08, 2007

TODAY IS INTERNATIONAL WOMAN’S DAY!

This day was founded by the United Nations in1977…March 8th is a day to celebrate all of the women who have touched or even inspired you!

Motherhood:

1977 is also the year that my daughter was born and she was my biggest inspiration ever to become a better person and a worth-while mother!

I am so proud to say that she has turned out to be better than I could of ever of hoped for! With all of what she has to go through in her own life she has always been there to be a shoulder I could cry on and a helper for me to continue to carry on! What more could I ever of asked for!

Both of my children and grand children are a measuring stick of my success and life would be nothing without them all! They taught me patience!

Sisterhood:

My two younger sisters are the other ones who have inspired me to become a better sister! They showed be how to open my heart to a dysfunctional family and made me understand that I wasn’t alone! My younger sister now carries that burden daily as she is the bringer of all of the family messages! Without her I would hear nothing! She brings me family!

Strength:

My Step-Mother was my inspiration to make me make use of all of my talents! She took a willful girl and made her into a challenging person…she taught me how to stand up for myself! She also taught me the right way and the wrong way on how to bring up kids!

Friendship:

Lastly but not least…Wilma! She taught me how to open up to strangers…she gave me the freedom of speech…the therapy of blogging!

Colour this day a RAINBOW!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No better release than speaking your inner thoughts to strangers - just like learning to public speak, it frees you from your fears.

Wilma