Monday, November 13, 2006

Part Five:

Sunday: snowing lightly and still not too cold.

106 go through haunt…worst ever turn out! Re-confirming my choice in not doing this again!

I spent most of my day trying to catch up on my designing work that has to be done in order that I may continue with my crazy life. While I worked I was running last night’s events and some of the victim’s comments as they went through the dark, through my mind. A lot had come a second time and were going to be coming back again tonight. That’s when I had the brilliant idea to change up the pathway of the haunt in the courtroom!

I was a good idea and it worked out real well…but we should have started it earlier and we ran out of time.

I’ve been doing art work on PoD’s arms [her idea] every night with permanent felt pens and it looked like they were tattooed on. She’s been getting quite a few comments on how good and how realistic that it looked! Every night she’s had to scrub if off [so it wouldn’t get all over her sheets] so her skin was getting pretty sore. Thankfully the design was still legible and I was able to zap in on in record time!

Don’t know why I rushed! Our beginning rush lasted all of 15 minutes…then just became stragglers! I guess we were so desperate for “Victims” that they started letting in underage kids.

One Mother came with her pre-school daughter and used her as a poking stick and would jab her kid into the scary stuff first, thus protecting herself! She pushed this scared kid right into me, actually hitting me in the stomach with her, then pushed this kid in front of her while they continued through the haunt! Can we say what…? I definitely gave her a piece of my mind…but it didn't change anything as she continued with the kid held tight in front of her?

Another great parent, this time a Dad, showed up with 3 girls [10, 11 & 12] to go through. All was fine for about 1 minute into the haunt when the girls became scared! So scared that they were all crying and the girls DID NOT want to continue! They had just finished one area, the courtroom and had 3 more areas to go through... scarier than what they just went through! This was at the basement door and all they wanted to do was just to exit there and NOT continue! Dad had other ideas and was trying to force them to continue…you know…suck it up!

My decision was final…the girls got to go back into the lit area [front foyer] and DAD had to continue through the haunt by HIMSELF! I had to take the girls back to the foyer so I was unable to see how he did…I just hope he was scared himself! I know I would not want to do the walk alone!

I wasn’t able to visit much with the workers during break time as the admission table was still letting in stragglers and they had to be babysat while waiting for the haunt to start. PoD needed this time to have her smoke and have her break from the crowd [what crowd ?] and all of their questions.

No comments: