Thursday, October 05, 2006

Happy Halloween! 26 days til Halloween! 22 days til the haunt!
Missed blogging for a few days...ran into the demon program that eats stories and lost all that I had typed. So I had a mental tantrum and refused to blog!
But I'm back trying again!
Last night found us back in the courthouse again. With cleaning all done we were able to start to set up the layout and had to haul some of the stuff for building it. This is the part that takes the longest. It always looks good on paper but it never fails accustoming always have to be made...And I also have a tendency to change my mind a lot...LOL.
Didn't get a lot done but what we did do helped with deciding where the walk goes. Hopefully we'll get more done this weekend. Haven't been in the place long enough to sense any ghosts and nothing has been bugging us. That's okay with us!
PoD and I had a weird moment as we were moving these metal cabinets into the outer room to get it out of our way. We had used it to help hold up the tarped walls so it was immovable until we took it apart. The reason I mention this is that the first time we had been with the paranormal group they had asked us to stay overnight with them in the courthouse. I couldn't sleep and was creeped out by the place. Around 5:00 a.m. I heard this rumbling noise right below us [the dentist's office] that sounded like a Semi or something big was going by the building or something heavy was being dragged across the floor. This noise was loud enough to wake up PoD and the others...so thankfully I wasn't the only one that heard it. No one was downstairs!
So as PoD and I were dragging this cabinet to the room where we were going to store it, it made this same noise as the one that we heard that morning. Chills went up and down my spine and goose bumps stood up on my arms as I recognized that same sound! I look at PoD and she had that questioning look in her eyes also. Both of us had the same thought! This is the same noise that we heard that morning. But there was no way that cabinet would have moved...we had made it immovable and was in the same position that we had left it! Creepy!
Woke up this morning [3:15 am] to the sound of a door slamming loudly in my place! The cats were acting freaked out especially the oldest one. The other one is freaked out all of the time but even more so! I laid there listening for something else watching the cat's reactions. They were very alert but not scared! After a minute or two they settled down and no other noise was heard. Needless to say I was wide awake after that!
I'm used to hearing strange noises in this place. PoD and I find that it starts around the beginning of fall and gets more active around the middle of Nov. These occurrences don't scare me, although I hate the slamming of door sound waking me up and this isn't the first time that it has happened.
We hadn't lived in this building too long [son, ex and me] when one morning my son came into the livingroom where we were having coffee. He had this worried look on his face and told us about this strange thing that he woke up to find beside is bed.
His room is really dark and he always keeps a lamp on a fold-up stool with-in reach beside his bed. This time, he said, the lamp wasn't there when he reached for it and got up to fumble around for it, thinking that he might have knocked it off while sleeping. He said he stumbled over the stool, which lay in pieces all around, the lamp extended to the length of it's cord and still plugged in!
I thought he was kidding until he brought us the stool -in pieces! I checked it out and the boards had been ripped apart not unscrewed. This is a well made stool and the guy who made it had glued and screwed the pieces together so there was no possible way this could have happened! The screws looked like they were ripped out of their holes and one board has a huge gouge across it. Even if you took two young guys and they both held it to rip it apart you couldn't do it and not make more damage! Even smashing it against the wall would have created more damage. Also he had no one over and it had been a quiet evening...no noises. I still have the stool and it is still in pieces and it's here for anyone else to figure it out. My son swears that he did nothing and I believe him and he still brings it up occasionally and still has that same questioning look.
His room is located in the space that they built when the previous owners joined the two buildings together to make it one store. His room is in the upper level and below him is a big storage room. PoD and I both don't like this area. The two buildings are okay but the joining space is creepy!
That's just one of the creepy stories I have to tell of this place! I will relate more later.
Got to get to work! Need more coffee!!!
Orbing out...QoH

No comments: