Friday, October 20, 2006

Happy Halloween! 11 days left til Halloween 7 left for the haunt!
Everything that I wrote that I was planning on doing for the haunt yesterday.....didn't happen!!
Female minion "AJ" is sick! She has been coughing lately and it's getting worse! PoD had to take her to the doc and now she has to go the hospital 3 times a day to sit for 10-15 mins breathing in good stuff. Through all of this she's worried that she might have to miss working in the haunt! Everyone should have this little girl's attitude....all she ever wants to do is help people out!
I give thanks daily for my family....to me they're the best! Loveya guys!
Been trying to get out to the old farmyard to pick up the long poles that I had put a side to use for future haunts. There were quite a few and this year we needed them for one of my ideas. PoD and I first tried to hook up my utility trailer to the Jeep. This meant removing hitch attachment from PoD's van and putting it on the Jeep. Sounds easy! NOT!
First...I no longer have the proper tools to do the job [he got the tools...which I am slowly building up again]! Was able to find the right socket size...had to search for a ratch end, then needed to find another to hold the other side of the nut still! PoD ended up using a tire iron!
So repeating the phrase "righty...tighty...lefty...loosie"[magic formula for women] she tried getting it off! Yup! Stuck tight! It didn't help that both of us have tired arm muscles!
So with time running out I had to scrap the idea of going out there!
Then Wilma showed up....she had been talking with PoD. She has a truck! Trip is back on!
It's a 15-20 minute drive [thankfully it's on pavement] and the road has some construction issues....putting it mildly! We get out there and find the poles are gone!
It's been 2 years since I've been back there and they were in such a place that they weren't very visable. So who took them and why is a mystery that will probably never be solved!
Wasted trip!!! Sorry Wilma! Although we had a nice visit out there and back!
That haunt idea just went out the window! That was a big item that was going to take up a lot a space [which the courtroom has lots of] and was part of the story line!
Hmmmm....got to think of something else....Wilma has a few good ideas!
Maybe we need more trees!
I've already exceeded my amount [8] for a Saskatchewan landscape any more and I'd be classified as a forest!
So no work got done today on the haunt!
Then Wilma hit me with another bomb...no volunteer firemen! They are all too busy! Nice to know now! I had spoken to a fireman earilier in the month and it was a go with them....?
In 2002 the haunt was only in the basement and I didn't need too many.
In 2003 the haunt covered 10 rooms and I needed at least 40 people to man it. I could have done with less but my rule is never to have anyone left alone...in the dark...in that place! So it meant doubling up or even having 3 in a room.
This year the haunt spans 6 areas and we've cut it the man power back to minimum 15 workers needed per night. I know of maybe 6 people!
Pressure Thermometer is Rising!!!
I can see myself running along behind people trying to scare them! That'll work?
I can hardly wait til my "who cares anymore" attitude to fall into place!
SO....
My forcast about today's work is.....hopefully....Creepy Hollow & Creepy Stump get to the court house SAFELY!!! IN ONE PIECE AND WITH NOT TOO MUCH DAMAGE!!
Other than that....hopefully....we will get some more decorating done downstairs.
So no more babbling....got to get my act together [got up late -6:10]....need more coffee!!
Orbing out...QoH

No comments: