Sunday, October 17, 2010

IT'S GAUDY DAY!
....from National Days list [see velvis]

They were thinking of me when they thought of that day...;}

As I have often pointed out, I love "shiny" things and must add colorful too, only most will label this combination as GAUDY...;)

Then gaudy I am!
 

Speaking of gaudy...

My newest addition to my Halloween decor outside was hit by spiders yesterday!


BIG ONES!


What does one do when they have a dream about putting dead tree branches in the ground
and covering them with phony webbing crap....

Why, do it of course!

No....I didn't sleep walk...;}

Wished I had....

Soon as it was daylight out enough and hopefully too early for most people to be out and about...;} I went hunting for dead fall [creepy looking] branches in the trees by the old CPR Station. Was lots in the bushes, only hard to get out without breaking them into a million pieces [they were really dry]!

It was as frustrating as the game "pick-up-sticks" is!

Managed to get 2 out in fairly good shape! Did a butt plant once, while trying to retrieve the main walk one...happy no one saw me waving my legs in the air! Nothing got hurt but my dignity....;}

Then I had to drag them home....up hill! The trees were light enough, just big and bulky, plus I wanted to get them home without shattering them worse!

I have a tendency to forget that I am 59+ and no longer a spring chicken with energy to spare!

I was friggin' worn out by the time I got back to the house!

It was a lot easier in my dream!

There was a LOT more of them in my dream too...

TG, I only dragged back two, as they took some more effort to get them into the ground!

It was easier putting them into the ground in the dream too!

Did think about using cat litter to cement them into the ground once...;} [No, I didn't]

Got them in the ground, added lights and webbing...spiders to come later, if they survive vandalism!

All while it was BITCHIN' COLD out! Winter like winds!

That part wasn't in my dream either!

So....

I figured if they make it through those winds yesterday then they should be able to make it til Halloween...IF they don't get destroyed by those who just "HAVE TO" do that sort of thing.

Here's my "twilight" display so far...
There is purple lights in the corner web above...


Did you know there is only 14 days til the 31st....I'd say Halloween but "Those With Children" have decided that it's too hard to dress their kids up TWICE?

There is a family costume/dance planned for Friday night and the school kid's party will be the same day. So they want their little "monsters" to get the "Trick of Treat" over with too?


Can you imagine it....


School party starts at lunch....games and lots of goodies
Trick-or-Treating right after school lets out....running around, more goodies
Family Dance....more excitement, more goodies,


Can we say....buzz city! Sugar rushes.....wound-up, crying kids?



HOW ABOUT SICK KIDS?





Saturday will be the adult dance....




Maybe it's for the hang-over ones the next day?




So I guess that just leaves us with the Tricksters on Halloween Night......




This should be interesting.....






Got to get back to My Gaudy Day.....




Making my two costumes for these two events. For the family dance, I am going as "Grandmother Nature" and for the adult dance, I will be "The QUEEN of Halloween" [pun intended]...;)


Pictures will follow soon...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oops forgot to tell you that the crowd that decided to change the date of halloween got back lash on facebook so it is going to still stay on sunday.

PoD

Queen of Halloween said...

Guess there ARE smart ones after all...;)