Wednesday, October 27, 2010

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR




Man, winter hit like a frozen witch's t--




Stupid saying, but oh. so. true!




We went from summer like conditions to this...
Looks odd with the sunflower trying to get into this wintry picture! Poor sweet peas finally froze! That full moon sure changed this place for the BAD!


The above photo shows how windy it was and it was still snowing too...




So the presence of "Orbs" was nice to see...but where are the others? The other motes?
Notice the difference in shapes and densities...


This is what rain, snow or dust motes looks like...

There are two different orbital shapes near the bottom of the above photo that might be "Orbs" too. They do show differences in densities.

The above shot was taken when the snow/rain first started and all of my other ones where just as bad for catching the rain/snow motes. So it was strange seeing the few orbs when there should have been many?

Anyways....

Tuesday was "Gaming Day" around here! Video type that is!


Not me...can't stand playing them but my kids/grand kids are hooked!


All "gaming" people knew that a new game was hitting the stores yesterday and many had lost sleep [my kids....a 33 & 29 yr old] over it...;{?


And yes we went out in that cold blustery day to buy their copies. Actually, they were "limited" additions and "collector's" items...so I was told...;)

My son said he would have gone even if visibility was next to nil...?


And yes, they were the first ones to get their's...;)


I went along cause I needed cat food and more Halloween treats [mine seem to disappearing]?


Needless to say...it was a quiet day other wise.


I worked!


PoD had worked on her day off, just to cover this event. She was also lucky that her hubby was home to see to the kids...;)

I just shake my head.

Kind of like they do about my decorating obsession...;}




Anyways...




Here's some cute carvings...not done by me [I don't do "real" pumpkins]

ONLY 4 MORE DAYS.....OOOOOOO



2 comments:

Snooty Primadona said...

Oh, the things we do for our {grown} children!

For a couple of years the Smashing Pumpkins band was popular & we never had a pumpkin make to Halloween before being smashed in the street. The kids were always heartbroken. So, the 3rd year I oiled the Big Mac pumpkins (largest I could find) with vegetable oil mixed with jalapeno powder. Amazingly, they remained until we donned plastic surgeon gloves & removed them to the garbage bin, LOL!

Queen of Halloween said...

Hey...super idea PrimaD! Wonder how it is for repelling dog markings? Thanks for the great idea! I'm going to try it in the spring or if it ever gets warm again...;)Something evil smelling on anything that can be vandalized or stolen sounds inventive to me! Nice MaGyvering!