Tuesday, May 25, 2010

SKIES ARE A LOT BRIGHTER...

Well for at least a little while...work has slowly started


All of the old sayings held true for long weekends...especially this weekend...

"Wait 5 minutes and the weather will change"


It did!

Many times!


We went from "oh my god it's SO FRIGGIN' HOT OUT HERE... and if you smile at me one more time, cause you like it, I'm gonna hit yah", type of weather

to..."what the hell it's cold/rainy enough to turn the heat back on...

to it's SNOWING!


?...that leaves only June and July that I haven't seen it snow....




I'm so happy that I wasn't away camping like most of the fools people from here were...;)!




AND the town was SO QUIET!!!!




The town kids like this weekend to do some "partying at the lake" so I enjoyed that part of this labor day weekend!




My plans were to plant sweat peas in the front under the awning and sunflowers along the side of the garage.

Maybe kill some ants along the way...


Sounds easy...it wasn't...as usual!



Both had to be prepped...




Under the awning I had made a walkway [2009]out of re-cycled bricks salvaged from the pile left in the back yard. The old woman that previously owned the place had placed these old bricks along the length of the garage and fence at the other side. So I had made the pattern the same...only it was too narrow and hadn't quite finished it.


The plan was to remove the bricks from the side of the garage and use them to expand the walkway...


Last weekend I got my grand kids to do that heavy stuff like breaking up the soil and removing the bricks...;)


But I did all the rest...


Which sounds easy...but WASN'T!

I liked the look so much better but wasn't quite satisfied...

Another thing that annoyed me was how narrow the walk was up to the door. The crumbling concrete slope is unfix able due to the pine tree next door [the soil is too acidic and eats away at the concrete] and is a hazard so maybe some added width on the other side?

Not to mention cutting back on the weed growing area...;}




Did I mention the rotten weather?


The 2 day torrential rain did help soften up the weed bed and I was able to sink the bricks into the muck...did I mention I love playing in the mud...;}

I must have been great entertainment  for the neighbors across the street...this chubby old lady putting something on the ground then jumping on it or trying to balance on one leg...;}


Did I mention it was raining...


The snow did finally drive me inside!


And the sun did finally shine...

For, I was able to do this later...
 

Did manage to tucker out with only 2 more feet to go.




DIDN'T manage to get the seeds into the ground yet.....ran out of steam!






Did I mention ants?




The ants have started marching in one by one lately...




I think I live on an ant hill!


THEY! ARE! EVERYWHERE!




One of the reasons on the walkways are to stir up the colony the lives around my front entrance. I've put out bait traps but they give me no visual satisfaction. But BillyRoo found these little beauties that causes me great joy....

WARNING ANTS WERE HARMED IN MAKING THIS PHOTO!



Can't express enough my joy in seeing that!

Sorry you bug lovers...but this way is more humane on the birds who might catch the ones that carry the poison bait back to the hill...so see I'm still thinking on some ways to not harm birds.




So I managed to do some labor on labor day




Got a sore back




No seeds in the ground.....




Maybe next weekend....




Oh...I managed to get some garage sale items too...






Hope you enjoyed your time off.....;)

17 comments:

Snooty Primadona said...

I like to harm ants every chance I get, LOL!

The weather has sucked here in West Texas too but we just missed a couple of golf games. I'll live.

;-)

Roan said...

Sorry about the sore back, but your post gave me a couple of chuckles. I bet it will look great once the snow stops and you can finish planting. Good luck! ;)

Driving Schools said...

Thanks for sharing. I hope it will be helpful to many people that are searching for Driving schools. Keep posting guys and keep this blog a great place for sharing.
| Natural home remedies

Vitiligo Treatment said...

Your site is good Actually, i have seen your post and That was very informative and very entertaining for me. Thanks for posting Really Such Things. I should recommend your site to my friends. Cheers

fashion style

Mohsin said...

Remarkable post and will look forward to your future update. The post is written in very a good manner and it contains much useful information for me. It is pleasing to look you express from the heart and your clarity on this significant content can be easily looked. Though you make some VERY fascinating points, youre going to have to do more than bring up a few things that may be different than what weve already heard.Ventilator

prescription Coupons said...

I really enjoyed reading this post. I congratulate you for the terrific job you've made. Great stuff, just simply amazing!

spanish learning books said...

Theek hi likha hay inna v mazzaydar nai !
But i like it chal chul sakda.

used landscape equipment said...

Theek hi likha hay inna v mazzaydar nai !
But i like it chal chul sakda.

cashmere scarf said...

Hmm yea iits fine i've read itt twice infact i waz gonna suggest it to one of my
friend as well.

condo rentals said...

This is all gud bt one thing tht i wud love to say is tht yea there some facts tht u still didnt clearify.

content writing services said...

Thatz justt perfect i hv reallyy enjoyed readin the thinz just wrote above. it'd be a dream to b that much creative like u r..

Social Bookmarking Service said...

Nice one, I'll keep on visiting this blog every-time i'll be online, I will get to know more information.

wedding reception venues said...

Thank you for another informative blog. Where else could I get that kind of info written in such a perfect way..its simply the best one.

dubai holiday packages said...

Pretty good post. Anyways.. I hope you post again soon I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.

kitten pictures said...

great post and creative ideas. I am happy to visit and read useful articles here. I hope you continue to do the sharing through the post to the reader. and good luck for the visitors site thanx alot

cheap perfume said...

You have got a really useful blog I have been here reading for about an hour. I am a newbie and your success is very much an inspiration for me.thanx alot

Quran Academy said...

I will steered toward because me personally we give thanks stint you deplete knock croak the result. I’m egotistic furthermore flush unconnected allotment hang about for the supersede dojigger. Your article on the website is very interesting.