Monday, April 12, 2010

HAPPY EASTER?.....better late than never

Due to me not being able to up load pictures this is what would have been on Easter day...



Creepy Hollow is not too happy about my newest thing to make him look silly...;}

"This crazy white thing doesn't look like bunny ears!
They make me look like I'm some sort of weird Ninja not THE Easter Bunny"
[That's him whispering that in my ear...;}]


This "theme", decorating was done in a hurry, as storm clouds loomed in the distance...

so it was a race to get something up. I had been holding off from decorating outside due to the usual threat of vandalism. The inside had been done since the removal of shamrocks.


I did take the time to screw the rabbit to the tree stump with 6 long screws [used different heads] so if the rabbit decided to take a "walk about" like the "Alien Brothers, he'd have to take the heavy stump too! The egg garland was wrapped in the branches so it would take for ever to be figured out in the dark...;)


So enter my Easter world...

Thumber's favorite spot...
She thinks no one can see her...


I love the different colors at this time of the year. Yellow is so sunny and invigorating, that it takes the gloom out of winter. You'll find in my general color scheme, that I am not too fond of paleness. Like the crow that I am, I think boldness catches the eye better.


Got to have lots of humor when you come into this place...;)


That was Easter......




During that time, I fell into an obsession with these...




PoD asked me to build a box that would house all of the kid's Easter goodies so the cats and dogs wouldn't get them.


So I came up with this idea...





These are "Fortune Telling" balls!




They are neat hiding spaces for their little treasures, coins, etc....




I've been so obsessed with them, that I have them in other colors, too. I've a pink one that I plan on filling up with chocolates and will use it as a door prize for the Ladies Night Gala coming up on the 24th. A deep blue one for the Paranormal Symposium in Sept....




P.S. For those concerned...my grandson is all better now and acting like nothing was wrong......?

2 comments:

Jeannie (and Marvin!) said...

apologies for being so neglectful with my comments QoH, Marvin has been ill, and I have just got so behind with all my blogging/comments etc.

I liked the photos you have put on here, great sense of humour in them! Belated Happy Easter to you and yours, and I promise to try and catch up a bit more soon.

And I agree, after the gloom of winter, bright colours are so wonderful. Two weeks ago we had snow and blizzards, today and yesterday we have warmth, sunshine and 68 deg F.

Jeannie x oh and Marvin x

Kitty Deschanel said...

Glad to hear your grandson is doing well.

Your post made me want some Easter candy! :)

Lamb’s Most Recent Post: Woot, Woot! Party at the 2010 HGTV Green Home!