Tuesday, December 29, 2009

F -ING CREEPY!


Just woke [3:30am] from one of the most creepiest dream I have had in a longgggg time!


I seldom have nightmares but when I do, they can be real scary...gee, I wonder why?

This one was about an old memory of the haunted house half a block from my childhood house.

We called it the "Haunted Mansion"...it kind of looked like the run down mansion they use on the "Crypt Keeper's" TV Series/comic books.

This place was the usual rundown abandoned type building that was long overdue for removal. The kids in our neighborhood dared each other to go in there alone, after dark. The group I hung out with were no different. To my recollection none of us ever did. I know I never had the courage!

Well last night in my dream... I did!



I was all alone and was looking for this bomb [no I don't know why]. In my flashlight beam there were creepy cobwebs everywhere! As I was searching I had this horrible feeling of dread, like someone/thing was in there with me...following me! I was trying to be quiet but the floor boards were too creaky. I even felt goosebumps on my arms... the hairs standing on end.



This old place was huge...never ending, rooms kept changing. I know I didn't want to go into the basement! As my search continued this creepy feeling felt like it was getting closer & closer.

But for what ever reason I needed to find this bomb before it blew up?


Somehow I ended up in this falling down old shack out back of the place and had finally found it.

When something grabbed me from behind!

Happily I woke up!


Now as I sit here recalling this wonderful memory [sarcasm] I find that there was an actual haunted place and A BOMB in my childhood.

Why this memory...?

I don't think the house was that big, but as a child [of 11 or 12], it looked huge. It had lots of dead trees and bushes to the help with the atmosphere of being haunted. It probably had some creepy murder story to go with it but I don't remember there being one.

The true part was the bomb!

Back in the early 60's we used to be able to get 3 candies for a penny. It was pretty hard to come by that penny...if you saw one on the ground you dove to pick it up! That penny meant 3 candies...can you imagine what 5 cents was? Us kids would then take this large amount of money, get the candy then hang out in our hide-a-away to eat it. Which by the way candy was a rarity and generally forbidden! All extra money was supposed to go to buy necessary things like school supplies & such. Time were tough!

Our hide-a-way was this old shack out back of the haunted house. In this shack was this big tank that was laying on its side on blocks. It was kind of long and narrow, with a pointy end. It was long enough that 4 or 5 kids could sit on it at once. It was a great perch...easy to get off and on.

We used this place for quite a few years before we found out that it was a missle of some sort and it was still active! I remember watching them come and remove it.

Why there was a missle in this shack was a mystery and how it got there was never explained...to my knowledge.


Why this thought?

I have been watching some scary shows [re-runs of both black xmases] lately so I can see the haunted mansion...

But why the bomb?



I think I'll go back to bed...


Hopefully dream about "sugar plums" instead...


Although, that wouldn't be good for my sugar levels...;)

2 comments:

Roan said...

Very creepy! I hate it when I wake up from a nightmare. I'm usually afraid to move for an hour or so. ;)

Queen of Halloween said...

So was I...;)