Friday, November 06, 2009

I SURVIVED THE DEADLY SWINE FLU!



I can happily say the worst is behind me!



That was the nastiest illness I have ever been through and hope never to repeat it!



Think of your worst flu episode, then add your worst cold symptoms to the mixture and how you think you would feel if you fell down a long flight of stairs...that is what the swine flu is like! Now add some heart damage [what was left after my stent implants] and Diabetes to it which complicated things.


Not trying to be over-dramatic there were times that I felt like someone should put me out of my misery!


I'm glad they didn't...cause the light at the end of that tunnel was final relief!


I still am having some bad moments but I can live with those!



You know what was the worst was?



The media hype on the virus!


Just the words "Swine Flu" causes panic in everyone...including me!


Being told I had it was....HORRIBLE!


Having added complications didn't help either!



My biggest disappointment was our doctors in this town!


Being told to stay at home and wait for myself to start panting [trying to breathe] was terrifying!
It affected me psychogically!


Not once was my heart problems or Diabetes taken into any consideration by them! My sugar levels alone were being effected and making me feel worse!


THANKFULLY I have a daughter that wouldn't take NO for an answer!


Between her and her father [the EX] they dragged me off to Kindersley on Sunday [Nov 1] after getting no response from our doctors here [Iwas in bad shape by then]! In fact they were told to seek help elsewhere if they weren't satisfied with them...so they did!


5 hours, chest xrays & blood work-up, later...we finally had some answers I could live with!


Xray's showed some of the lung filling up but not tooooo bad as yet!


Sugar levels needed to have the insulin adjusted to the fact that I WASN'T eating! The doctor was able to write me out a sliding scale used by Diabetics to adjust their insulin intake to their food intake...our doctor doesn't know how to do this [this is a fact, as he always sent me to a dietitian to change/adjust it]? The Kindersley doctor was A LOT younger than ours, yet knew just what to do! I was in NO condition to be able think of the dietitian's help in the sugars...I rely too much on the doctor knowing what to do! Silly me!


This doctor also took the time to lay all of my fears to rest!

He took the time to answer all of my stupid questions!

He never once looked at the clock...like ours does!



Upon hearing of my getting the swine flu, both PoD and I heard from our doctor that the "Tamiflu" pills [that fights this virus] would NOT be available to me as it had to be administered to the victim within the 48 hrs of contacting it. Swabbing and confirmation took longer! I didn't qualify!


Wrong information!


Kindersley doctor tells us that I do fit the criteria to get the viral cure! Seems you have to be SERIOUSLY ILL for more than 48 hrs to have it prescribed for you!


I WAS!


I GOT THE CURE!


As of this morning I will have completed the dosage and can say that things are looking so much better!


Would I be feeling this way without it?






THANK YOU PoD & the EX for dragging me to safety!


A BIG HUG TO THE KINDERSLEY DOCTOR......you have a brilliant future ahead!
Guess where I am going for doctoring...until we get someone better! Will never see our new doctor as he should go back to school!





My words of advise to those who are thinking of getting the shot for the virus...


If you are a normally healthy person with no medical problems...you will be able to fight it with no problems! You will probably feel like hell for 5 - 7 days...but you will survive! The worst case being the monster headaches! Your choice to get the shot?




Those of you who do have under lying problems...GET THE SHOT!




As of yet I haven't heard of anyone coming down with the virus from getting the shot?



As for me, if I am not cured of this flu and can get the shot...I will!



I was also not getting the anual flu shot but that is going to change...




I. AM. NOW. A. BELIEVER!




I NEVER WANT TO GO THROUGH THIS ILLNESS EVER AGAIN!



A BIG THANK YOU to those of you who gave words of comfort....Your The Best!

No comments: