Sunday, November 08, 2009

HALLOWEEN DISAPPOINTMENT


This year Halloween was a disappointment for me!


If it wasn't for me putting my display up early it wouldn't have got done and I would have been like the rest of the unimaginative ones in this town!


If it wasn't for them having to rake their leaves and have to put them into something their decor would be nil!


I guess that's better than nothing?

I guess one has to advertise a money prize for anyone to get into the spirit of yard decorating! Xmas decorating is a big thing here and the big spenders have to out do each other...maybe thats why they can't afford to do both?


The swine flu made sure I didn't get to enjoy this season!


I hated turning on my lights to show my Halloween spirit because I couldn't hand out candies [I did send some up to PoD for them to hand out for me]...why advertise if you can't hand out! But Halloween is MY TIME so I lit up anyways! Sadly NO kids came down this far for hand outs?


Before my illness hit, I had already given out candies to those who just had to see whether I decorate inside or not. Two women and 4 kids came all of the way from Kindersley to see my place but they were disappointed that it wasn't a haunted house layout. Somehow they had heard that it was? Happily they were the only ones who had heard that!


I do decorate inside as well as outside. Inside decor is for my enjoyment only! It's a business so customers get to see it as well and it's my hobby so I get to see most of my collection [not enough room to show all] and yes, I do play with them!


This is what greeted them...


This is the entrance to the main area which is a small foyer and I would have normally hung bats from the ceiling...


The entrance to the shop in the garage...


The left of the entrance...

The exit from this nightmare...



Inside office area...This is a small area and looks cramped to most but to us, it works better than a big space...which I used to have.



The coffin [its under all of my toys & has the word STOP written on it] is a permanent fixture year round and those who ask...its a customer waiting for his order...;)



All might wonder if that's all of my Halloween collection and I will have to admit...NO.

I remind all that I have enough stuff to decorate 3 floors of the courthouse! I even lent decorations to the group hosting the Halloween dance [had to miss] and they had more than enough to cover their hall. When it comes to Halloween I throw nothing away. My latest dream is to throw a haunted Halloween party for my grand kids someday. The thought of scaring the crap out of teenagers really appeals to me...;)

Normally the monsters make their appearance a couple days prior to the day...I was too sick to care. All stayed cutesy...


Here's what the place looked like outside on the first snow storm [it was beautiful out this year for Halloween]...



I remember saying that I was sure I was going to get vandelized...I was right!


I awoke Nov. 1 to minor destruction...

The tower of pumpkins next to the bench had broken off at the second pumpkin...it's fixable


All of the gravestones were GONE...except for the one at the door that said..." WILL BE BACK"...which I thought was kind of funny. I'm not sure they saw that one...it was the only one that wasn't staked or screwed down...easier to take yet they didn't?


I believe it was a quick grab-and-run sort of thing as they tried to take the large lit skulls. I found them laying close by yet still attached to the house...too many stakes held them in place...ha,ha,ha!


They did steal one of the smaller skull heads...I still have 3 left. I was too lazy to secure them properly...no real loss there. It did look like they tried to take these but like I said...they were all staked excessively.


They even took my flag pole/vinyl flag attached? This wasn't fastened anywhere...who would of thought they'd want a flag pole?


All of my lights, Creepy Hollow and blow-up cat survived!




So in all I lost 6 grave stones, one small skull/stake and flag pole!


The nice thing was NO DESTRUCTION! No egging or TPing...:)


I would have taken pictures but camera was still dead from the courthouse and somehow the battery charger is missing?


As of today all of the decor is down and waiting for me to put it away properly...



Next is Xmas...



I will start with LOTS of RED...



Last year was red & gold...this year will add lots of white...



HOPEFULLY IT'S NOT SNOW!



...until Xmas day that is!

No comments: