Tuesday, October 13, 2009





This is what my place looked like when our first snow storm hit Oct 8.


I had planned on putting my inflateable cat up on the roof of my garage, so it could look down on anyone walking, by but the fantastic winds that were happening that week made me change my mind. He now sits in a less windy area and so I can keep an eye on him. The first time that I inflated him out front, the material got caught on the mechanism inside that moves the head from side to side. I was even happier that it happen while on the ground so I could remove it before it got torn.


The grave stones that stand in the open area managed to stay put in that fantastic wind and as of now I still haven't had any vandalism done to my place...yet!


I had hoped to get my tree "Creepy Hollow" into the Court House before winter landed but the museum board has put the Halloween/Paranormal room on hold? The supernatural has a hard time in Dodge as it has lots of religious people who don't believe in it or of Halloween and I guess the committee doesn't feel that it has a part of history in this town. How about their "Holy Ghost"?


Someday I vow that I will see that change!



As for our first snow storm, it started out quite nice. The snow fell lightly to the ground as I walked up to the hospital for some blood testing. It was so pretty as the snow drifted lightly to the ground. It hardly covered the ground when I entered the hospital but by the time I got out it had put a blanket of it everywhere and my shoes weren't the kind for walking in it.



The town has been busy filling all of the craters left from our flooding rainstorm and most of the puddles were gone. Somehow I managed to find one little left and it was just like a skating rink so down I went!


Right on my right knee! I sliced it open and it made quite a mess...even tore a hole my pants!


I was already part of the way home so I limped the rest of the way cursing how clumsy and wondering how I managed last year not to fall once!


So now I am afraid to walk again!


So much for getting that exercise...


I did go out and buy some decent winter walking boots...




Maybe that will help?

3 comments:

Wilma said...

ACK! Sorry you fell - hope you're healing okay.

I drove by your house the other night & the display was looking goooooood. Almost inspired me to get off my ass & put out my stuff. Almost.

Maybe this weekend...

Roan said...

I've been trying to catch up on my blog reading. I was very happy to read you were feeling much better, but then you fell. Take care. Love the snow shots with Halloween decorations. We haven't had snow yet, and certainly hope it holds off a while longer. Take care, BJ

Queen of Halloween said...

Thanks guys...things are much better.