Saturday, April 04, 2009

PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK!

[I know, with a hammer]


IT'S GONE!


20 Years of history!


I'm sad, yet I feel extremely relieved and happy all rolled into one?


Looking back now that my "Theater Scrap Books" are gone [I do plan on finishing their compiling], I feel this sense of pride at MY accomplishments with this group! Everyone who did anything with the production of these plays, worked HARD and should be more [?] acknowledged for what they ALL did! But...


This was something that I did mostly for myself!


Yes, I do admit to using it to advance my business, but it was pure "enjoyment" that had kept me going despite all of the crap thrown in my way! I really LOVED that type of life!


One of my goals in life, when I decided to have children, was to leave my mark on this world by making some kind of history [this was BEFORE I knew about my ancestor's fame] that MY ancestors would be proud of when I'm gone [this stems from my loss at not knowing much about my Dad's history].


My history might not be ground breaking/headline making stuff! But one day, after I'm gone, my children/grand children will point anywhere in town and say "MY MOM/GRANDMA made that"!


That will be MY "Pat-on-the-back"!


And now there will be a place for it in the museum that will record this too...:) !


I asked my kids what they wanted to do with all of that stuff [after I died] and they heartily agreed with me to place it in the museum. After all it is the only "fully detailed" record of our theater's history.


I GUESS I CAN COUNT "VANITY" AS ONE OF MY FAULTS...?



One thing I have learned in life is:


"Take time to pat yourself on the back once in awhile
...because ten-to-one no one else will"!





But that's okay with me too...I do have a COUPLE of fans...:)

3 comments:

Wilma said...

Yes you do have fans. More than a couple.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Wilma--you have fans --aplenty

love yah!!
velvis

Queen of Halloween said...

Thank you...couple of fans...:)