Sunday, January 06, 2008

TA DA...I'M BACK...

TY to all my loyal fans [Blue & BJ] for the "get better wishes"...they helped!

Today I finally feel like doing something besides sleeping! Not a lot mind you! I will not be silly and over work again, physically wasn't the problem this time, my illness was caused by "over thinking"!

Designing [work related] and decorating [for 2 weddings...one is in town and the other is to far away to see what their hall is like...PoD is working on it also, but I need to be the back-up just in case] will do that to me. Not to mention the renovations that are going on at work right now. We are not working from any drawn up plans...just what I've built in my mind! PoD needs to come up with a layout of what she wants and put it down on paper.

I'm also building the set design [for the play] in this foggy space and I need to come up with 3 different looks? Until I get them on paper, they are taking up valuable resources! Hopefully someone is helping with the gathering of props? The first practice is tonight, so I guess I will find out then. I'm not looking forward to the "herding of cats"... for that's what I call my stage manager's duties.

The road to recovery has been a hard one! How does one shut the brain up? Most will say that I think too much? I can't see any other way out of it! The only thing I can do is not "make mountains out of molehills"! My cure, this time, was watching 6 seasons [on my 7th] of "Stargate" [not all at once...that would blow my mind for sure] and I do have to admit it did distract my thoughts enough to let me sleep...nothing like bad acting [Richard Dean Anderson] to accomplish that! Great sets and costumes though!

Right now the sun is shining and the day looks brighter!

"I'm ready to start anew......"

2 comments:

Roan said...

Hi QoH,
I'm glad you are feeling much better. Your job sounds like a fun one. I hope you won't mind if you show up in my latest story, because QoH and Jeannie have just arrived to rescue "Azure". I hope I can find time to finish it this week, if not will make sure it is posted next weekend. BJ

Headgirl said...

Hi there

A bit behind with my comments - whats new!

But, hope yoour still on the mend.
How did play practice go?
Wilma's dead quiet on subject, so relying on you as Stage Manager to keep me posted
Whats the play?
why 3 sets?
Etc, etc

Take care
Blue
x