Saturday, November 10, 2007

BLOGGER PROBLEMS

Seems blogger doesn't like my l-o-n-g stories!

I started my story on the "Drama Weekend" and somehow it got cut off like I was finished! I know it's not the idiot behind the keyboard...or maybe it was? Anyways...I will try again to finish it...it was so brilliant in the first place that I'm not sure that my Alzheimer's will let me repeat the story...?

Now where did I leave off.... oh ya...

We spent the rest of the day [Saturday] doing our own things...I went swimming/hot tubing and others played video games. My ankle hurt so bad that going for a walk was out of the question so pain killers and a nap was my next accomplishment...what a way to waste a weekend!

The evening started off good...until the plays started! I got some more sleep! The last play wasn't too bad but was way too long! I enjoyed the actors and their abilities to sing, dance and remembering their lines to keep this l-o-n-g play going! When asked "what play did I think was the best...besides ours"....I would have picked that one for the talent that was shown. The only drawback to them being chosen, was their loss of points due to going over the time limit! The adjudicator thought differently and awarded the "Best Play" to a play I really did not like! As with the rest of the awards...I completely did not agree with her choices! Except ours!

This year, we received an award for our "Technical/Backstage" abilities! This means that the adjudicator and the stage manager, for the festival, liked our set, sound/lights, costumes and stage presence [during practice]!

Our Wilma came away with an "Honorable Mention" for acting...my opinion is that she should have won the main award for acting and the rest of us get the "honorable mention"...of course I'm biased!...but I figured that we were that good!

The evening had dragged on for so long [12:30] that we decided not to squeeze ourselves into the green room after the performances and go back to the condos to continue sleeping!

Up early again the next morning I hobbled down to the beach with my coffee/camera and take some final pictures before leaving...just so I'd have something to put on my blog!

The trip home was uneventful and I slept most of the way...

Summation of this year's festival:

-I got to see people that I only see at festivals [some talked to me and some didn't]...

-I got to see plays that hopefully we will never perform...

-I learned that our stage/facilities and town, is nothing to bitch about...

-I got to see a lake that I wouldn't mind camping at...if it wasn't so far away...

-I got to see a town that I will probably never see again...

All in all I'm glad I went because I learned that we CAN KEEP IT TOGETHER no matter what problems hit us!

If I had a vehicle to stick it on this would be the bumper sticker I would make for it...

Might be a new T-shirt slogan....

No comments: