Tuesday, August 14, 2007

BAD BOY NEIGHBOR!

This is an update of the "Good or Bad News" [Aug. 5] story.

Remember the 4 teenagers I saw walking away from my home, heading downtown and my fear that they might break into my shop ?
Seems my premonition was right about the "breaking in" only it wasn't my shop that got broken into...it was another place further up the street!
Seems they were hell bent on causing trouble that night and I guess I could count myself lucky that "carroting and banging on my door" was all that they did to me! I haven't heard the nitty-gritty details just yet of what they did when they broke in, but I do know that they all have court dates! One of the kids was semi-related to the owners of this store, so who knows what they did to piss him off and make him want to retaliate? My neighbor's kid was one of the four!
Why do some kids have to be so angry! Makes a person kind of wonder what values these kids were taught...if any!
The sad thing is that the law will probably only give them a slap on the wrist seeing as 3 of them are minors! Goes to show you how much faith I have in the justice system and for what might happen to them at home....10 to 1....nothing! One of the underage kids has been in lots of trouble before and "Mommy Dearest" has always covered for him...so we know what will happen with him!
My judgment would be: restitution to shop owners and make them work with the "Communities in Bloom" organization to help clean up the town. Maybe if they had to put in the long hours that we do to make our living, plus make this town beautiful, they might think twice about their actions!
Sadly I think it's too late for most of them...the dye has already set!
AND.....
I still have no news whether the neighbors are moving or not....

1 comment:

Headgirl said...

I too hate bad neighbours! have one awful one nextdoor,, her tenancy ends shortly... then the builders move in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blue