Tuesday, July 10, 2007



WERE BACK!!!




Holiday was fantastic and spending it with my daughter and grand kids made it priceless!



The weather was great...a little too hot and sunny for me...and we got to see the new addition to our family...Jaydabug [my niece's daughter]. My grand kids just loved her and I found out that they would made great babysitters when they get older!



We left Friday morning around 9:00am...but before PoD arrived, my cats and I had a visit from a cute little bunny with huge ears. He came pretty close to the house and Thumber got pretty excited...I'm sure she would have chased it if I had let her out...Suki was interested but not that excited! The bunny stuck around for a few minutes before deciding to cross the road and nearly got hit by a car! The bunny really ran [hopped] after that! Thankfully I didn't have to see that happening before leaving...it would have been a poor start to the weekend! A few minutes later PoD and the kids got there.


I have a tendency to over pack! With all of the trips/vacations I have been on I pack for anything that might arise! So loading my excess into the car filled up any space left for any shopping items! I got razzed by PoD for that...seeing as hers and the kids bags were quite thin! Although my excess was due to tent, air mattress, bedding and swim towels...see...all explainable! But I do have to admit that I went overboard on the clothing!

I digress....

The trip was pretty boring for the kids [4 hr drive] and there was lots of "are we there yet" but for PoD and I, the scenery and talking made it shorter for us. As we travelled we passed a few odd sights and I made note of us stopping to get photos on the way back...which we did. One I was able to get on the way there was a shot of an old elevator at an abandoned old town. I don't know if it was an original town or not of if someone had a sense of humour but it was called "Dirty Shorts"....the name is kind of faded in the shot but it is still recognizable.

Still...it was sites like this that made the time go faster!

I have to get to work now....but stay tuned for further exciting [?] stories...

No comments: