Sunday, May 13, 2007

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Me included...of course!

I still remember my thoughts about not having children before my inner time clock went off!

I swore that after living with too many brothers, sisters, having to babysit their kids and other kids...that "no way was I going to have kids of my own"!

Until that "biological clock struck"!

I now sing a different tune!!!

I can't even begin to imagine life without them and in NO WAY do I want to even experience that!!!

I never had the fear that I wasn't going to be a good mother...just the fear that I wouldn't be able to tolerate their behavior! But I surprised myself by finding out that they made ME a better person and that I do have tolerance in me after all!

Having kids also made me a GRANDMOTHER and in my old age I still have the ability for tolerance! I can even smile at other peoples kids....to a point...there still are "BRATS" out there!

I feel for those who cannot have the children that they want but I also understand the ones who choose never to have kids.

In this day and age I would have to say that if I had to do it all over again...I would never raise children to the turmoils that abound in this world...because we have not given them a great world to live in!

If my son chooses never to have kids...that would be okay with me. Do I regret PoD giving me grand kids?....the answer would be NO!
I LOVE MY GRAND KIDS! My sorrow is in "what is their future going to be"!

My sorrow for today is not having a mother who is alive to wish Happy Mother's Day to!

My biological mother died in 1961 and step mother in 2003...so to all of you that still have a great Mom...treat her like there is no tomorrow!!

And to those of you that are Dads...."appreciate" the woman that made you a DAD!

Our kids dad always told me "your not my mother...so why do I have to wish YOU a Happy Mother's Day"?.....this is one of the reasons why we are not together now!!!

So on a better note.....All you Moms out there....have a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

My son is working today and gave me his gift beforehand but also remembered to call me at 6:15 am this morning to wish me well and PoD has made reservations for today at the local eatry here for a smorg supper.....

I GIVE THANKS DAILY FOR HAVING GREAT CHILDREN!!!

Color me RAINBOW colors!!!

No comments: