Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thumber's Accident!

Completely my fault!

Parent negligence...wrongful installation of screen for window!

I was sure that I had secured it properly.....should have double checked it!!!!

I had just installed the screen in the window frame and decided to leave it open for a bit. I left the room with Thumber investigating the new opening and the cool fresh air. Minutes later I heard this load bang and knew in an instant what had just happened!

Thumber fell out of the window taking the screen with her!

She has a tendency to stretch her full length up the screen to see how high it goes....her weight popped them both out!

A 16' foot drop to the cement sidewalk below!

I wasn't sure at first because all I saw when I leaned out the open window was the screen laying on the sidewalk! No cat!

I called for her outside a in and still no... I shook the treat can....no Thumber.....she never misses her chance for a treat!

She had a tendency to hide when ever she knows she did something wrong and I think that she would have figured out that what had just happened......was wrong!

I walked up and down the street....around the block....looking and calling for her....hoping not to find a body instead.....

No cat anywhere!

Walking back to my place she surprised me by running out from under the car parked next door!

I was so happy to see her!

She wasn't limping at all....she was running close to the ground acting extremely scared!

Not only did she just fall from a high place but found herself.... outside....all alone! She has never been outside....strictly an indoor cat! She probably panicked because she couldn't get back inside to safety!

The fall and the trauma is added fear but mostly my fear is....

Has she hurt herself internally?

Last night all she did was shake her head once in awhile and sneeze. I checked for any bloody spots after her sneezing and all was okay! I listened to the sound in her chest and she is not wheezing or straining for air. Felt all of her bones and she never tried to get away....her tummy wasn't swollen last night and is okay this morning. She has been wanting her treats and still is able to eat them.....so her appetite is okay also!

But usually she comes down stairs with me.......not this morning!

I will be keeping a close eye on her until she starts acting more like herself.

Hopefully all is well!!!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed........

I will be making sure this never happens again!!!!

No comments: