Saturday, March 03, 2007

NOT A GOOD IDEA!

I didn't think I had anything to blog about today...until I went for a walk!

It had been a lazy day for me with too much TV for entertainment and thus giving me a slight headache. So I decided to clear my head /sinus and go for a walk.

It was really nice out except for the wind...which was a little chilly.
All the stores were closed downtown and it was a nice walk until I stepped on some black ice and down I went!

Wipe Out!

I ended up hitting the back of my head on the sidewalk when I fell!

Thankfully I had a toque on and that protected my head somewhat. But now my mild headache is now a real throbber! Hopefully my skull is thick enough and my fall didn't cause any more problems!

I have never broken a bone ever! Although I have fallen twice before with bad results...once when I was 13 giving me a hairline fracture [skull] and again 6 yrs ago when I dislocated my left elbow.

I had just gotten over the fear of falling [at my age] and now it's back again!

I guess I will leave the walking to the treadmill until our ice age is over!!

Got to go and take a headache pill and maybe an ice pack....?

2 comments:

Headgirl said...

Hope you've not too many aches & pains this morning.
I have a terrible fear of falling!
Always go head first, last time whem mugged, broke bones on my thumb joint.. not nice!

Anonymous said...

My right knee is sore and I have a big goose egg but other than that I am fine. Pretty scary about your mugging...hope I never experience that!
QoH