Wednesday, March 14, 2007

MAKE UP YOUR MIND!

The weather was nice for about 2 days, supposedly from the Pineapple Express Weather Front, but now it must be gone...because its back to the deep freeze!

PoD and I sat out back [monday] and relished in the warm spring air watching the male pigeons strutting around trying to impress the females. One guy was doing his darnedest but got nowhere with the picky females! Seems even female pigeons are finicky!

I've always stated that my most favorite times of the seasons are in the spring and fall...because of the lack of flying insect problems! Not this year!

Seems the pigsty next door [a heritage building] has crap/garbage laying around and is of interest to the wasps that must live in that building. They all must be wearing fur coats because it should be still too chilly to venture forth! I'm not talking about one or two...there was lots of them! We gave them a wide berth as we walked by!

But where is the "Town By-Law" about pigsties downtown!

One thing nice about that warm snap...all of the ice/snow in front of my place has melted all away!

The only ice problem I have now is on the other side of me that comes from the water run off from the other building's roof. I get ice patches from both ends...front and back! Makes walking very treacherous!

I never thought I would be this impatient about the weather...guess its better than rain turning into snow!

I still remember the freaky snow storm we got April 1, a few years back, that dropped a foot of snow on us...so who knows what will be next?

No comments: