Thursday, March 01, 2007

Weird Cat!

My cat Suki is the weirdest cat I have ever lived with!

We used to live on an acreage where there was lots of room for a cat to have fun. You know; climb trees and hunt the little animals! She always liked to bring me a little surprize to show me how good she was or maybe something I would like to eat?

Since moving into town she has never been allowed the freedom of going outside.
She wouldn't last two minutes out there!
She would either get run over or someone would pick her up...she's just too friendly!
So I have to keep her in much to her displeasure!

The one thing she hasn't stopped doing is bringing me presents!

Generally it is the pieces of discarded vinyl...I can tell when she has had a busy night from all of the vinyl balls that I have to pick up the next morning.
I used to collect these little "Kindersurprize Toys" and her favorites were ones that had wheels. When stepped on they hurt worse than the "dinky toys" my son used to leave around! So I put them away where she couldn't find them.

That didn't stop the bringing of gifts!

The other night I could hear her bringing me another gift!
When she brings a gift to me she makes this weird "sounding" noise to call me to come and see. It's something a female cat does when she has kittens and she is bringing them food to eat...kind of like calling them for dinner.

Anyways...this noise is the weirdest yet!

My first thought is that she must have caught a mouse [there has been a couple so far] because she sounded different. I hoped it was dead becaused I didn't feel like chasing a live one around after she let it go. I know it's her challenge to me whether I can catch it or not!

But to my surprise she brought me a pencil sharpener!

Not your ordinary tiny sharpener! This one had a container that caught the shavings as you sharpened your pencil! How she got her small mouth around that big sharpener is a mystery to me. The sharpener is a round barrel type with a diameter of 1.25" and is 2" high!

I very seldom use a sharpener as I prefer a pen to a pencil!

The next night I decided to paint another rock and needed to sketch a rough draft first. I always use a paint brush and paint to do this sketch...never using a pencil. This time I though I would try the pencil instead of the paint.

I had to search around for a pencil and when I found one, it needed to be sharpened!

Low and behold there on the table in front of me was the pencil sharpener that my cat brought me!

Like I said...weird cat!

No comments: