Wednesday, December 13, 2006

PART FIVE – THE RECOVERY ROOM!

Tourcher Chamber!

The procedure was to insert this microscopic camera in my body through the main vein in my crotch [right side] area. This has to be sealed shut after they are finished or you will bleed to death!

This is where they bring in the “CLAMP”!

The “Clamp” is a machine that looks like a huge “C”! The bottom of the “C” slides under the bed frame and the top of the “C” is positioned over your incision! Then they screw it tightly down on this incision to make it heal better!

As she was screwing it down tighter and tighter…she kept asking me if it was tight enough! My groaning from the pain wasn’t enough to stop her! I thought she’d never stop!

This has to stay there for 20 minutes!

20 minutes felt like HOURS!

Again I was lying on my back and the pain was intensified by the clamp!

Hospitals use Tyelenol for pain killing…I am allergic to Tyelenol! The only drug that works for my back pain…they would not give to me!

I have a strong thresh hold for pain…but this was unbearable!

After 20 minutes of hell they finally removed the clamp and up to the ward I went.

Now all I have to do is lie on my back for another 6 hours and don’t move a muscle…you can’t even lift your head! This is to keep the blood pressure from bursting the incision!

MORE AGONY!!

FINALLY at 3:00 am it was all over and I could get up!
If I could have jumped out of that bed I would have!
I paced the hallway on my floor to get rid of my back agony…the incision hardly hurt at all!

Did you know that the hospital hallways are real creepy at 3:00am!

The quietness made it quite spooky and I felt like I was being watched! Perfect place to see ghosts! But my mood at that moment would have scared any ghost away!

Morning finally arrived along with breakfast! I was starved! I even ate all of their crappy food!

The doctor arrived right after that and gave me two pictures of my heart…the before and after shots!

I was closer to death than I figured and was told that he was amazed that I hadn’t had a MASSIVE HEART ATTACK!

STUPIDITY AND DENIAL nearly did me in!

And yes…I now have some heart damage and it’s not repairable!

He also gave me a “green card”! I have to hang on to this card just in case anything goes wrong with the “stents”? They’ll need the numbers on them for replacements?

Wrong?

Yup…the heart can reject these things and sometimes the medication [very expensive] they give you to prevent this doesn’t work!

Wonderful….more stress!

With this procedure you are not able to go home until the next day…just in case things don’t stay together…more worry!

Home never looked so good!

No comments: